Tuesday 29 November 2016

Artifact


Today I will tell you about my artifact my artifact was all about the amazon rain forest animal the animal I was doing was a sloth it was an baby sloth. Before I made my artifact I learnt about the sloth. I found information in books and on our slips that the teacher gave us . I highlighted all of the key words and made a report with my own sentences . I wrote a report so other people can learn about the sloth to.Soon I will be showing you some photos of my artifact

Rain forest Sloth
              
Introduction
Have you ever wondered what a sloth is? Well I’ll fix that by describing the sloth in this report. A sloth is a native animal of the Amazon Rainforest. Read on to find out more information about the slow slow sloth. The animals in the rainforest are losing their homes.

   

Habitat
The Amazon sloth lives in the rainforest where it is nice and warm and dark. Sloths spend most of their time in the understory.The understory is the layer of the rainforest tree branters halfway up the tree trunk.

 
Sloth's diet
Sloths mainly eats leaves . Sometimes even buds,twigs and fruit. But they hardly eat because they have a slow heartbeat. They sleep most of the day. So that's why they don’t need much energy.

 





What do sloths look like
Sloths have different shades of brown or gray in their fluffy coats.They even grow elgey its green and it’s like slime. One thing that does include the sloth is that the sloth is adorable.They have long shaggy hair and their hair the rain come off easily that's good because that might keep the baby warm and not wet.


What does a sloth do when they have babies
The mum And dad snuggle up with the baby and they go to bed that makes the baby feel safe.If the mother sloth has more than one baby she will have to get more safe tree branches. She might even need to make some leaf nests.

A baby sloth hitches a ride on its mother's stomach until the baby is strong enough to hang from branches. How do sloths hang from trees? They slowly wrap their hands around the tree branch and they dig their claws into the wood. Sloths can hang like this for hours.   
  


Conclusion
I hope you have learnt heaps about the amazon rain forest sloths. Sloths may be very adorable but they have algae in their fur. Would you ever hug a cute but mouldy sloth?







                                          here is some of the photos. Of the sloth
Add caption

No comments:

Post a Comment